Connecting legacy power systems to IEC 61850 communication networks can be
complex, as a variety of industrial protocols are used in field sites. Furthermore, bringing them into
networks raises serious security concerns. Moxa’s MGate 5119 Series IEC 61850 gateways support power
industry-related protocols, such as Modbus, DNP3, IEC 60870-5-101/104, and IEC 61850, helping you easily
enable communication between power SCADA systems and a variety of field devices. Moreover, our IEC 61850
gateways’ design is based on the IEC 62443 and NERC CIP standards and features protocol encryption, making it
a secure and efficient communication solution for retrofitting your substations.
Are you overwhelmed by editing SCL files for IEC 61850 communication? Our MGate 5119 Series IEC 61850 gateways provide an easy-to-use function to generate SCL files that don't require additional engineering tools.
Accidents happen. How fast you respond to a communication error is crucial. The MGate 5119 Series IEC 61850 gateways’ built-in diagnostic tools can quickly find root causes, minimizing your network downtime.
Substations can’t afford cyberattacks. The MGate 5119 Series IEC 61850 gateways’ design is based on the IEC 62443 and NERC CIP standards and features communication protocol encryption to enhance cybersecurity for your substation networks.
MGate 5119 Series
1-port DNP3/IEC 101/IEC 104/Modbus-to-IEC 61850 gateways
- Supports IEC 61850 MMS server
- Supports Modbus RTU/ASCII/TCP master/client
- Supports DNP3 serial/TCP master
- Supports IEC 60870-5-101/104 master
- Supports IEC 61850 MMS and DNP3 TCP protocol encryption
- Security features based on IEC 62443 and NERC CIP
- Built-in SCL file generator for easy configuration
- Embedded traffic monitoring/diagnostic information for easy troubleshooting
- Serial port with 2 kV isolation protection
- Compliant with IEC 61850-3 and IEEE 1613