Industrial Computing / Power Automation Computers / UC-8540 series
Vehicle-to-ground computing platform with multiple WWAN ports
Moxa’s UC-8540 is an innovative computing platform designed specifically for transportation applications.
The UC-8540 has 1 miniPCIe slot with USB signal to support 4G/LTE module, and 1 slot with PCIe/USB signal to support Wi-Fi module. The 4G/LTE module has two SIM card slots, which can be used to enable redundant cellular network communications or geo-fencing SIM card selection by leveraging the built-in ThingsPro for Rail, a Moxa devices remote management platform with wireless management.
The UC-8540 uses an open platform based on Debian 8 with Linux Kernel 4.1, allowing solution providers to manage software packages via Debian’s APT (Advanced Packaging Tools), or develop software applications with Moxa’s API Library and GNU C Library.
The UC-8540’s single-sided I/O design is ideal for vehicle applications, which typically do not have enough room for installing communication devices. The UC-8540 can be accessed on the front side to install or change SIM cards and wiring cables. Users can install or change wireless modules, mSATA cards or RTC battery from the top or bottom side for easy maintenance.
The UC-8540 can be used as a communication-centric computing platform for the following applications:
• Vehicle-to-ground communication gateway
• TCMS T2G (train-to-ground) gateway
• Mobile condition monitoring unit
• Ethernet Consist Network T2G gateway
• Onboard wireless automated fare collection unit
- Complies with all EN 50155 mandatory test items*
- Supports 1 WWAN connection with 2 SIM card slots
- Supports 1 WLAN (IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac) connection
- Single-panel I/O design for reduced installation space and easier maintenance
- Front-side access panel for easy maintenance
- Isolated 24 to 110 VDC power input with power-ignition function suitable for vehicle applications
- EN 50155 Tx (-40 to 70°C) operating temperature for harsh environments
- 5-year warranty
*This product is suitable for rolling stock railway applications, as defined by theEN 50155 standard. For a more detailed statement, click here